Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Easy, Delicious Dinner!

Yesterday Johnathan and I did our weekly venture over to Brunswick to (1) give donations to Goodwill, and (2) do our grocery shopping at Publix! I just love that grocery store - I haven't been able to switch to Winn Dixie or Harris Teeter, which would be convenient since they are on the island, but I know Publix so well from being in Atlanta. 


After an hour in the store and dropping $147 on groceries (yikes!), we made our way back to St. Simons around 7:30. Johnathan had already made plans to get together with some of the guys for a cookout, so since I was making dinner solo and it was getting late, I wanted something quick and easy! We purchased some fresh salmon from the seafood counter, so I decided that was a good main course. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees, placed the salmon in a small pyrex, and added soy sauce, maple syrup, and topped it was a few sprinkles of brown sugar. Bake for about 15-17 minutes, depending on how rare or done you like for your taste. Be sure to pour any of the remaining sauce from the pan on top of the salmon - its delicious! 


While the salmon was cooking, I prepared my side items. I knew I wanted a starch and a vegetable, so I checked our fridge and saw we had some left over cous cous from a previous meal. It was pretty plain last time I cooked it, so I decided to spruce it up a bit. I diced up about 1/4 of a shallot and threw the shallot in a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Once the shallot had cooked down, I threw in my vegetable - some frozen broccoli (you could use green beans, zucchini, squash, etc.) and let that cook together for about 5 minutes, covered. Then I threw in the pre-cooked cous cous so all of the flavors from the shallot could infuse together and heat up.


Here is the finished product! I should have taken an after picture of my plate which was totally clean! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...