Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Decorating {Part 2}

This past weekend I finished up with the Christmas decorations in our house. I had a hard time getting motivated since we are leaving on Friday to go to Atlanta for Christmas, and we won't be back home until the New Year! But since its our first year in the house together, I wanted to do some decorating!


I picked magnolia leaves and some holly branches from our front yard to bring in some green and red on our mantle, along with the mercury candle globes.  




I saw this idea on the blog Hi Sugarplum! and thought it was such a cute idea to display your Christmas Cards. I just took some gold ribbon and wrapped it around the doors of our China cabinet, then used clothes pins to hold the Christmas cards from family and friends!


In addition to the tree in the den, I put up these cute glitter signs on our bookshelves that I found at the Target dollar spot! I added some of the holly behind them to spruce it up a bit. 




To our side table in our den, I added some gold fruit, along with the magnolia and holly. 


Our dining room table is decorated with a mercury candle vase, red glass bowl with silver coated pine cones, and red and green accents! 

Here's a quick glance of the peppermint candy I made for a small Christmas present for my co-workers! I was glad it turned out because this was the first year I made it by myself! The bags were also a Target dollar spot find - I love that place!



2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas decorations are GORGEOUS!!! You are so talented!! I am going to enjoy checking out your blog from now on- congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just that touch of greenery looks wonderful, and makes it feel like the holidays! Miss you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...