Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Flowers

This past weekend we had such beautiful weather! It was so nice to not deal with freezing temperatures - that is not why I moved to the beach! 
Saturday morning I drove home from Blackshear and stopped by Lowe's to pick up a few supplies for the house. When I was walking in I noticed that all of their flowers were 50% off, so I loaded up the cart! No seriously, my cart was full - here's a picture:
I was excited to get home and get these planted - mainly because our other plants had died due to the freezing weather, lack of water (um, my fault!) and being gone over the holidays. Here's a picture of our poor fern that didn't make it -
Wah Wahhh
And here are the pretty after pictures! I must say I was a little intimidated about planting flowers since my mom has always helped me, but hopefully I inherited some of her green thumb!
Pansies, snapdragons, and asparagus fern
Pansies and Dianthus
Asparagus fern and Dianthus

Now that the weather is gradually getting warmer and we have welcoming plants and flowers (no more dead plants to scare people away!) come and visit us anytime!

2 comments:

  1. Green thumb... check! You can come to my house any time to help me. I can't keep a plant alive to save my life. Lessons please?
    They look great Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had that green thumb! They look beautiful! You worked to hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...