Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trip to Fort Lauderdale

This past week I was on Spring Break (working at a school definitely has its perks!) so Johnathan and I decided at the last minute to plan an impromptu trip to Fort Lauderdale! We had heard friends say they really liked that area, so we thought it would be fun to check it out! 

We left Thursday afternoon and arrived around dinner time. Thankfully we found a great pizza place and enjoyed a low key meal!

 Saturday morning when we got up, it was pouring down rain outside! I was seriously depressed thinking we weren't going to be outside much, so we went into town. At a traffic light we see this Ferrari  next to us with a young guy driving - we both thought "who is this kid driving a Ferrari?" Well, we looked a little bit closer and it was Matt Stafford! I really wanted to roll down the window and yell "Go Dawgs!" but Johnathan was embarrassed, so I snapped this picture instead! 

Thankfully the rain and the clouds cleared out quickly, so we headed straight for the beach! Right now I am reading the Hunger Games series, and I am obsessed! I have literally read the first two books within about 4 days, and now I am on the last book. I can't wait to see how it ends!

 View from our hotel room Friday evening overlooking the inner coastal waterway. 

 All day Saturday was spent at the beach again, then we decided to get ready for dinner early and go to a local bar to grab a drink. We were sitting next to the water when this random guy  flew up to us! He's wearing some jet pack that propels him with water. It was entertaining!

Quick picture before heading to dinner!

Dinner on Saturday was at a local dive called Rocco's Tacos. It was a fun Mexican restaurant that had great food and margaritas! 

On Sunday morning we decided to drive up A1A along the coast line to see a few towns north of Fort Lauderdale (Boca Raton, West Palm Beach). It was an absolute gorgeous day and I did not want to leave, but we had a lot of fun!


3 comments:

  1. Love you blog and all of the fabulous pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    My name is Amy and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Fort Lauderdale to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at amy(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...